Monday, August 13, 2007

What I Did in London

Me. I've been having such a great time in London!
Friend. That's great, Laurie! Did you go to Buckingham Palace?
Me. Oh, no I didn't, actually.
Friend. Oh, that's too bad. Did you make it to Madame Tussaud's wax museum?
Me. No, I missed that one unfortunately.
Friend. Well, what about Big Ben? Surely you saw Big Ben.
Me. Um, I think I saw a corner of it from across the city?
Friend. Well you must have gone inside St. Paul's Cathedral.
Me. No.
Friend. Windsor Castle?
Me. Nope.
Friend. Shakespeare's Globe Theatre? The Royal Mews? The Sherlock Holmes Museum? The Jack the Ripper tour??
Me. Um.
Friend. Laurie, what did you do in London?
Me. Uh, I watched 19 episodes of Twin Peaks and the entire third season of Sex and the City. It was great! You should totally go to London!

p.s. I'm going home tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a much better time in London than i did..and i saw all the tourist sites!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your adventures!

Laurie said...

Thanks, Erin!

chris said...

Sounds like you got from London what you needed from it. People feel the need (the compulsion) to see the sites. Turns out you needed Twin Peaks and Sex in the City from London. And she obliged. Va bene. Perfetto. See you soon.